Welcome to Mount Bruce Lodge, nestled in the Wairarapa, New Zealand
Mount Bruce Lodge is situated in the Wairarapa, only 4 minutes’ drive away from Pukaha, Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre and 15 minutes from Masterton. We are directly on State Highway 2 and easy to find.
We are delighted to say how much we have enjoyed our few years here at Mount Bruce Lodge. We have our ‘Little House’ and "Big House" available for you and your group. We are in an exciting area where native bush meets rural farms with a lovely town nearby.
THE LITTLE HOUSE AND THE BIG HOUSE
- Our 'Little House' is a 1950's house that offers two bedrooms with double beds, and the "Big House' can have up to 8 guests.
- The kitchen has kept some of the ‘50’s vibe with new furnishings and if you’re keen to use your culinary skills there is a lovely Smeg oven with 6 gas hobs and large electric oven, a smart dishwasher and large fridge. We’re thrilled with our bespoke macrocarpa kitchen bench lovingly fitted by local expertise.
- The wooden floors are matai and retain warmth throughout the year so you won’t get frozen toes! The bathroom has a great shower and a heated towel rail.
- The Little House lounge has dining space and comfortable seating for sitting around chatting, playing board games and views into the back garden and deck. Both houses are fully central heated with an addition of a lovely wood burner in the lounge to ensure you're snug when it gets cold in the winter.
- The Big House has a spacious lounge and dining area, with a wood burner for the winter and doors opening onto the decks.
- The four poster bed is in the Big House along as well as further 3 bedrooms and if required in the shared space.
- Both houses have their own laundry with a washing machine and a tumble dryer, (and an outside washing line) iron and ironing board.
- In the summer, there is plenty of space to dine out on the expansive decks or to sit out in the garden, pick some herbs for your cooking or flowers for your rooms and you are invited to use our gas barbecue.
- We will provide a Welcome Pack for a DIY breakfast of fruit, cereals, milk, bread, preserves and of course tea and coffee.
THE BRUCE BATIQUE GALLERY
At Mount Bruce Lodge we also have the Bruce Batique Gallery with some extra interest in the Wairarapa.You are welcome to peruse our arts and consider a commission.
Other activities and interests in the area
- Pukaha, Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre
- Mount Bruce Pioneer Museum
- The Alpaca Place
- Aratoi, Wairarapa Museum of Art and History
- Le Gra, Vineyard and winery.
- The Wairarapa area presents beautiful wines and olives along with bush walks through the Tararua Forest and trout fishing in the Ruamahunga River.